As a member of the ISC, IUPESM is happy to share with you the most recent news and updates coming from ISC.
- “ISC Members only” virtual discussion
Directed to staff members and office bearers working within organizations that are part of the ISC membership.
- Share with us your grey literature on freedom and responsibility in science
The ISC Advisory Committee for Freedom and Responsibility in Science (CFRS) has initiated the project “Freedom and responsibility in the 21st century: a contemporary perspective of the responsible practice of science” to examine a contemporary meaning and interpretation of freedom and responsibility of science.
- ISC Membership Notice Board
Recent additions to the ISC notice board include:
– Submit comments to the first external review of the IPBES assessment of invasive alien species (by 18 October 2020)
– Apply for British Academy’s Knowledge Frontiers Programme: International Interdisciplinary Research 2021 (by 21 October 2020)
– Contribute to the international survey on research assessment in Latin America and the Caribbean (by 23 October 2021)
– Apply for Australia-China Joint Action Research Funding Programme (by 16 November 2020)
– Call for papers for a forthcoming special collection dedicated to Transformations (by 31 March 2021)
- Upcoming events
– Should I stay or should I go now? Why communication is the critical component in disaster prevention (13 October 2020, 17:00 NZT)
– Transformations within reach: Resilient food systems(13 October 2020, 17:00 CET)
– ASSAf Open Access Week: Taking Action to Build Structural Equity and Inclusion (19 – 23 October 2020)
– Webinar on Data-Driven Governance in Sustainable Cities: New models for public-private data sharing (19 October 2020. 18:00 HKT)
– Towards a Transformation of Research Assessment in Latin America and the Caribbean(28 October 2020, 14:00 CET)
- Global Science TV
If you have not yet had a chance to watch our recent episodes of Global Science TV, tune in to “Arctic ice keeps shrinking. Here’s what that means for all of us”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO_6-m4Oh6s&t=12s.